Outplacement 50 Plus und Best AgerConsciously give the second half of life a direction
By outplacement 50plus and Best Ager we mean professionally accompanied change management with a comprehensive coaching offer. In particular, we make intensive use of topics such as position determination or potential analysis to define your goal direction.
We support you in actively shaping your professional future instead of being sidelined. With our approach, we have made the experience that significant salary increases and an improvement in the quality of life can be achieved despite or precisely because of age.
Professional goals can be
- Finding something that has more “purpose” and fits with your values
- Work as an interim manager
- Founding a company
- Serve on supervisory and advisory boards
- Pass on knowledge at universities, in blogs or books
- Doing less of the same with more work-life balance
- Do more of the same
- Do the same more, but get paid more
- Get involved in voluntary work
- Swap leadership role for expert role
- And many other perspectives
We help you improve your employability
- Artificial intelligence, digitalisation, new work, Industry 4.0, automation, etc. are increasing the requirements in many professional fields. We analyse with you in advance which skills make you fit for the future and how you can strengthen your employabilllity*. In this way, you ensure that you are also attractive to employers as an applicant 50 Plus and BestAger.
- Employability” is best translated as “employability”. This refers to the employee’s ability to continually adapt to the changes of the modern labour market in order to survive there.
Hidden labour market
Our counselling team has many years of experience and up-to-date know-how in counselling and coaching older employees – from different sectors and functions or activities. Applicants who apply at the age of 50plus in the way they are used to from earlier professional years often fail and then often wrongly attribute this to their age.
This is why it is particularly important to tap into the hidden labour market with the help of outplacement counselling, because the need for 50+ applicants in companies will undoubtedly exist in the future. Only the approach to this market is completely different. For example, when applying for a job as a manager, much more attention must be paid to the successes of the applicant and the needs of the potential employer.
In addition, we train with you, e.g. in the context of an application, how to present your strengths and achievements for a successful salary negotiation. It is especially important to show how the advantages you have as a top executive compared to other executives are in the foreground.
Procedure of the outplacement counselling and modules
Before the start of counselling
- Free information session on site or virtually
- Current tips on integrating outplacement into the termination agreement: What should be considered in advance?
- Sending our offer to employers or self-payers
- Contact network to specialist lawyers for labour law on the subject of employer’s references
- Contact network to tax advisors on severance pay
Separation from the employer
- Coaching for the emotional processing of the separation from the previous employer
- Support in the optimisation and preparation of employer references
Profiling and location determination
- Analysis of strengths and weaknesses, self-perception and perception of others, analysis of hindering patterns and recurring difficult situations at the workplace
- Further education counselling
- Use of personality tests to uncover blind spots and recognise one’s own potential and development opportunities
- Development of unique selling points (USP’s) (What makes you different from others?)
Application documents and self-marketing
- Development of an individual application strategy with corresponding milestones for achieving the target position in the desired timeframe
- Informative application documents
- English application documents
- Unsolicited and online applications
- Preparation of a target company list for speculative applications
Multilevel strategy for filling vacancies in the hidden market
- Establishing contacts to our network of headhunters, personnel consultants, decision-makers
- Creation of a target company list for unsolicited applications from the company database
- Social networks: Xing, LinkedIn, etc.
- Contacts to the BLCI decision-maker network; alumni network
- Job research and reverse headhunting to identify vacancies in the hidden market
Preparation for job interviews and assessment centres
- Self-presentation, strengths and weaknesses, difficult questions, unacceptable questions, stress questions, questions for applicants 50+, interview simulation in English.
- Successes and failures, questions for the employer
- Simulation of job interviews incl. video training
- Determination of a realistic salary target
- Assistance with salary negotiations and variable salary components
- Evaluation of the interviews
- Strategies for the 2nd interview
- Preparation for assessment centres, development centres, management audits and recruitment tests
After the interview
- Evaluation of the interviews and comparison with personal and professional goals
- Comparison of contract offers and decision-making
- Drafting the employment contract
- What to consider during the probationary period
- Onboarding – coaching or executive coaching for better integration into the new leadership role (on request after taking up the new position)
Non-binding initial consultation
Discuss your career strategy with us in a personal, free initial meeting. We will analyse your individual needs and show you a realistic time frame for your plan.
You have the choice:
- on site in our offices
Call us: 0211 / 86286283 or book an appointment with us directly online.